Friday, August 8, 2008

One World One Dream...

I LOVE the Olympics. Every four years I look forward to watching them- especially my faves: gymnastics, swimming, diving and track and field. Almost more impressive than the athletes themselves, is the opening ceremony. The parade of nations is one of my favorite things about the Olympic games. Each country has its chance to showcase their athletes- past and present. They all come out in their different costumes- it truly is a sight to see.  There has been so much controversy surrounding the Beijing Olympics, but when you see all of the athletes walking around and mingling with other athletes from around the world, you realize that they are all part of one world- working to achieve one dream. I love this motto- I really do. 

On a side note... Jeremy Wariner (Baylor grad) just made a quick appearance on tv and Michael Phelps couldn't walk in the parade because it conflicted with one of his competitions :( Sad day- he is my Olympian guilty pleasure. 

On another side note: I promise I will update more often (haha- at least more than once a month). I am coming back to Texas on Sunday. Sad to leave Cali :( but excited to be back in Texas and starting my new life in Austin. Miss you all. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

Kira! I am so proud of you for posting on your blog. I cannot wait to see you very soon!

Ashley said...

KIRA! I am obsessed with Michael Phelps! Did you see him win his gold! oh is he amazing! :) Yay for getting to see each other so soon! :)